Monday, February 04, 2008

New England Patriots: 18 and N0!

First and foremost, holy crap, what a game! As a loyal Steelers fan that is naturally a "whoever's playing the Patriots" fan, I couldn't be more ecstatic. I've been pulling for these guys to lose for weeks now, and it finally happened. I didn't care WHO beat them. Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid could have suited up against the Patriots, and I would have been pulling for the Patriots to lose. And, lose, they did. And it couldn't have happened at a better time. From their coach that got caught cheating early in the season to questionable calls going in their favor week after week after week to their role-model quarterback that left his girlfriend shortly after impregnating her....

I could go on forever, but I won't. This time belongs to Eli Manning and the New York Giants. Congratulations, guys....you deserve it!


I know the video's not the greatest in the world, but if this play didn't get you up out of your seat, I don't know what would. Unbelievable. But, listen to the announcer when he says "and it's caught by Tyree". He almost sounds disappointed. To me, it's another perfect example of everyone from announcers to referees blatantly pulling for the Patriots so they could see their "perfect season" come to fruition.




Oh yeah.....almost forgot.....the commercials. All in all, I was extremely disappointed in this year's batch of ads. Considering companies spent millions of dollars to get their brand out in front of 97 million viewers, you'd think there would have been more memorable moments. The Budweiser Clydesdale ad was entertaining, classy, and a little humorous, as always. The Bud ad with the man breathing fire was also pretty entertaining. However, my personal favorite was this little gem from E-Trade.



I love how the baby's eyes light up when he says he's renting a clown with his "extra coin". Great ad. Not my favorite of all time, but I loved it. If I had to choose my favorite of all time, it would be a tough call, but would come down to these:



"Nope.....I believe that's a zebra."



"Bad dog."




"Sales aren't up....they're....they're down." Follow that with the monkey lighting his cigar with a burning wad of money, and you can't go wrong. Although, I AM pretty sure those are some former co-workers of mine.

What's YOUR favorite?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's your comment.....WRITE MORE IN YOUR JOURNAL!!! :)

chelmcp said...

One of the best days ever was going to work after the SB loss and having all the Pats fans looking so sad...

What's this crack about former co-workers though??!?!